4-H can give your child an edge in life. 4-H offers opportunities! 4-H is fourfold development.
- Caring Adults act as advisers and leaders for clubs, camps and activities. Each is selected, screened, and trained by WVU Extension professionals, who guide the 4-H program.
- Neighborhood Clubs give older and younger members a place to belong, a place to identify and practice positive values, build leadership, and have fun!
- Special Events and Programs at the local, state, and national levels support educational and developmental goals through camps; through skill development events; and through exhibits, fairs, and challenging contests.
- Individualized Learning Experiences let each child choose from more than 100 projects to develop unique interests and skills and explore new ideas. Each project is developed by experts to help children learn by doing.
- Leadership Development is nurtured with special emphasis placed on developing communication and decision-making skills.